When Billy Joel’s The Nylon Curtain was released into the world in the fall of 1982, it was considered one of his most ambitious albums to date.
Despite the rich layer and textures of the album’s sonic landscape, many of the songs translated to a live setting with apparent ease. The Nylon Curtain saw our first glimpse of many of these songs on stage. While the singles “Allentown,” “Pressure,” and “Goodnight Saigon” quickly became staples, the remaining 6 would become the elusive deep cut that would be a treat on the rare occasions they’d make their way to a setlist.
For this playlist episode, Michael is presenting The Nylon Curtain Live Through The Years… in album sequence, hear the entire album spanning nearly 40 years of live performances.
- Allentown (Live From Long Island – December 29, 1982 – Uniondale, NY – Nassau Coliseum)
- Laura (12 Gardens Live – Spring 2006 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden)
- Pressure (Live At Yankee Stadium – June 1990 – Bronx, NY – Yankee Stadium)
- Goodnight Saigon (Концерт – Live in the U.S.S.R – Summer 1987)
- She’s Right On Time (December 20, 2021 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden)
- A Room of Our Own (12 Gardens Live – Spring 2006 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden)
- Surprises (March 21, 2014 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden)
- Scandinavian Skies (Live From Long Island – December 29, 1982 – Uniondale, NY – Nassau Coliseum)
- Where’s The Orchestra? (MTV Night School – Fall 1982)
Email us: [email protected]
Glass Houses – A Billy Joel Podcast on the web / social media:
- Website: http://www.glasshousespod.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glasshousespodcast/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glasshousespod/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/glasshousespod
- Discord: https://discord.gg/k9XjNEEZ
Support the podcast:
- Paypal: https://paypal.me/glasshousespod
- Venmo: @MGrosvenor