The Stranger made Billy Joel a superstar back in 1977. Three years later, his career really launched into overdrive.
In 1980, Billy was still reaping the benefits of two Grammy-Award winning albums. In March, he took his next step forward by releasing Glass Houses. That album would become a smash hit with a leaner sound that would propel him into the 80s.
And during the Glass Houses tour, Billy and the band would begin recording live versions of songs from Billy’s back catalog. These tracks would go on to comprise 1981’s Songs In The Attic.
All this activity made the beginning of the new decade a time where the past, present, and future of Billy’s career all happened at once.
Join us as we dig deep into Billy Joel in 1980.
Email us: [email protected]
Glass Houses – A Billy Joel Podcast on the web / social media:
- Website: http://www.glasshousespod.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glasshousespodcast/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glasshousespod/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/glasshousespod
Support the podcast:
- Paypal: https://paypal.me/glasshousespod
- Venmo: @MGrosvenor