It’s easy to overlook most of Billy Joel’s The Bridge Tour concert dates from 1986 and 1987. The shows, which spanned four continents, were in support of one of Billy’s arguably weakest albums.
Meanwhile, these dates are eclipsed by the handful of landmark shows he played in the USSR at the tail end of the tour.
But it turns out there’s enough going on to warrant a closer look. Perhaps most notably, we know now that these were the last dates to feature the core Lords of 52nd Street lineup.
And, the shows featured sleek and subtle state-of-the-art stage and sound designs.
There’s more than meets the eye with these mid-80s concerts. Join us as we dive deep into the Bridge tour from 1986 and 1987.
Email us: [email protected]
Glass Houses – A Billy Joel Podcast on the web / social media:
- Website: http://www.glasshousespod.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glasshousespodcast/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glasshousespod/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/glasshousespod
Support the podcast:
- Paypal: https://paypal.me/glasshousespod
- Venmo: @MGrosvenor